Gallagher & Associates (G&A) is an internationally recognized interdisciplinary design studio with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, Portland and Singapore. For over 20 years, we bring transformative experiences to life.
All successful projects start with good stories. As Junior Content Strategist, you will gather the research and help identify the best material for telling them. You will be the person a project team relies on to uncover the best images and information available for exhibit experiences, keep track of it, and work with an interdisciplinary of designers and technologists to use it all in the most meaningful way.
We take mentorship seriously, and this job provides ample opportunity for growth.
- Conduct and synthesize background research from libraries, archives, and online sources
- Locate images and artifacts in archives and online databases
- Track and organize assets for use in digital and physical exhibit elements
- Secure permission from repositories and negotiate licensing deals with them to use assets
- Gather information on audience and stakeholder perspectives
- Track, organize, and help find solutions to client feedback
- Work with team to help develop storytelling approaches
- Assist with user testing through preparing material, observations, and note-taking
- Assist with writing and editing
- Assist in presenting content deliverables to clients
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree desirable
- 1-2 years experience working on exhibits, informational displays, or educational media projects
- Interest in and/or familiarity with the physical and digital design industries
- Eye for what makes a good story
- Engaging and pithy writer
- Experience conducting research in physical and online repositories
- Experience working collaboratively on projects in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to handle several projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills are critical: must have an eye for detail and be comfortable working in spreadsheets
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Knowledge of Google Drive Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Please send a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample (no academic papers, please) as a PDF file to: i[email protected].