Gallagher & Associates is hiring a content strategist for our growing in-house linear media production team. The Linear Media Content Strategist will be instrumental in finding, organizing and acquiring the assets needed to bring short format, “true – story” film and video narratives to life.
The position will be part of a highly collaborative core film/video creative team – Executive Producer, Director, Producer, Content Researcher. This group works within a larger team of exhibition, visual and media designers, content strategists, technologists and production resources, to interpret stories across all media. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will have superlative media – asset research and organizational skills, acquisition experience and a track record of successful relationships with stock houses and archival libraries. Working with internal teams and clients, s/he will need to interpret treatments and scripts, track down the visual assets needed to bring them to life and organize them in ways that support the production process—pre through post.
Working closely with the Linear Media producer, it will be the content strategist’s responsibility to negotiate acquisition and licensing fees within budget and on time. Negotiation and licensing agreement experience for “truth based” and/or documentary genres is a plus.
- Work within close collaboration with the core linear media team, to interpret scripts into media assets.
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Research and find relevant media assets, per project
- Ensure that final assets are available in the format and at the resolution needed for final product (eg. 4K, 6K, 8K)
- Organize asset matrices and databases in a way that supports all phases of production—pre through post.
- Track assets throughout production, from low res/draft to high res/final, for successful licensing and acquisition of final materials.
- Lead negotiations, pricing and licensing contracts with stock and archival agencies, individuals and institutions, as relevant
- Meet with internal and client teams regularly to review the status of content and assets
- Coordinate across disciplines to ensure that assets used in linear media maximize licensing opportunities throughout exhibition, as relevant
- Work within budget and deadline structures, per project
- Create final documentation of assets, derivative of above, for clients.
- A strong, collaborative work ethic
- Positive, proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to work comfortably with multiple, concurrent deadlines
- Ability to work within budget and timeline constraints
- Knowledge of asset formats, types and requirements eg. film transfer, 4K, 6K, 8K, 12
- Proven track record of successful projects, from start to finish
- Knowledge of relevant software and research platforms: excel, sheets, Google suite, etc.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
We will synthesize the digital and physical worlds in innovative ways like no one else.
We integrate our diverse capabilities in order to deliver unrivaled experiences.
OUR VALUES & WAYS OF WORKING @ the Jr/Mid/Sr Level:
We are committed to creating our best work:
- Build working relationships with team members and cross-functional colleagues to come up with your best work
- Seek different perspectives, inputs and feedback when working through hurdles
- Get out there and see what’s new in the world of design; request a conference or team field trip for inspiration
We create a culture of curiosity and learning:
- Be passionately curious; show eagerness to learn
- Challenge assumptions and suggest different approaches
- Stay current in our area of expertise; G&A. and our industry
- Applaud others for their accomplishments
- Share helpful information and best practices with team members
Always be proactive:
- Do not over-commit yourself; speak up
- Utilize resources (i.e. people, templates, workshop request, supplies) to meet your goals and needs
- Be detail oriented in all that you do (spell check!) to put your best foot forward
We are true ambassadors:
- Follow G&A on social media (“like” our photos; make suggestions for improvements)
- Give marketing something cool to post about your or your work contributions
- Be credible and always put your best foot forward
We are locally and globally conscious:
- Say no to plastic and use less paper around the office
- Bring a new perspective to our clients – think sustainability where it counts
Inclusion brings us together:
- Take ownership of how your work supports the shared objectives of the team
- Understand the work of your team and how it contributes to the project/team priorities
- Look for opportunities to help your neighbor when in need: printing, guidance, support, get out and go for a walk or take a lunch break together to break up the monotony
Trust and respect is a must:
- Be intentional, and respectful in all conversations
- Listen with an open mind to different viewpoints
- Be responsive, on time, and on task for your team; work together and be honest with each other when challenges arise
We have open lines of communication:
- Stay up-to-date on company news (e.g. newsletter, Instagram – follow @GandA_Design)
- Ensure that manager and team members are kept informed of progress or hurdles – they can help!
- Listen and ask questions to gather information and understand other viewpoints
- Explore new ways to be more efficient
Adaptability is key:
- Always think beyond the problem and toward the solution
- Be flexible and responsive to changes in priorities
- Embrace new ways of doing things
Work-Life blend for success:
- Take time to unwind
- Take lunch
- Participate in a wellness activity or challenge
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]