Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people, momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, San Francisco, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
G&A is a growing, dynamic firm that offers exciting opportunities for career advancement while working with a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals.
Our Silver Spring Studio is looking for a highly motivated and diversely talented Project Manager to join our team, who will be responsible for managing exhibit design projects from concept through installation.
The Project Manager is the primary point of contact between the design teams and client. S/he is responsible for the coordination of internal and external project teams, creation and oversight of exhibit schedule and budget, and confirmation of contractual scope and deliverables per the signed contract. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader that can easily adapt to a shifting environment while maintaining G&A standards and procedures.
As a member of this diverse group, you will work collaboratively with internal physical and digital design teams, consultants, and clients from renowned museums, corporations, universities, and governmental organizations. As part of this team, your responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project while maintaining adherence to contracted scope and G&A project management procedures
- Identify staffing resources needed on a project-by-project basis
- Work with other project leads to assign and track individual responsibilities
- Develop project plans and cost estimates to ensure the design falls within client’s exhibit project budget
- Facilitate full team communication by running internal and external meetings effectively, resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion, documenting and tracking decisions, approvals, and action items from meetings and calls, and managing G&A subcontractors to ensure seamless integration of all design aspects. Consultants may include architects, historians, writers, fabricators, media producers, general contractors, AV systems designers, lighting designers, etc.
- Minimize G&A exposure and risk on a project
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Maintain internal project financial documentation, including: Tracking and reporting project costs; Analyzing project profitability and revenue with Executive Producer and Operations; Coordinating billing, accrual schedules, and invoice payments with G&A controller; Following up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices; Assuring exhibit project subcontractor documents are completed and signed
- Assist with business development activities for new pursuits
- Identify additional service opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Effectively convey G&A message in both written and verbal business opportunity discussions
- Manage client expectations by providing education on project and G&A processes, maintaining regular communication, and establishing a review and approval process
- Maintain an understanding of exhibit and museum development including design, graphic design, media production and exhibit fabrication
- Maintain familiarity with museum industry standards: AAM guidelines, ADA compliance, operational strategies
- 3 – 5 years in exhibit/architecture, professional design or creative services, or management consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical Plan & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]