Gallagher & Associates is looking for a film and/or video scriptwriter to join our growing in-house production team. The scriptwriter role will be instrumental in organizing the narrative vision for film and video work associated with ‘true’ projects that range from short format historical documentaries to big-brand storytelling.
The scriptwriter position necessitates strong, documentary writing and research skills and a proven track record of collaborative success. Working closely with project teams and clients, this individual will translate diverse content types into short – format film outlines, treatments, scripts, and on-screen copy, in accordance with project timelines and deliverables.
This position will be part of a highly collaborative core film/video creative team – Executive Producer, Director, Producer, Content Researcher. This group works within a larger team of exhibition, visual and media designers, content strategists, technologists and production resources, to interpret stories across all media. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
The role will require a proactive attitude, organizational acumen and the ability to remain flexible while bringing a strong point of view to the work. It is a role for an agile, culturally-curious and copy-centric talent with a strong work ethic. Output will be aligned with industry standard formatting, word/page counts, approaches and legal/sourcing considerations. The ideal candidate will have examples of these standards in their existing work.
Applicants must provide written and completed film/video work, with at least one example tracking a project from initial idea through final production.
- Work with core film/video team, and exhibition team, to develop project-specific narratives for short format film/video content
- Research and develop ideas for original, project-specific scripts, in alignment with overall project content approach.
- Create iterative drafts of the following to pitch to internal/clients for review and sign off: Initial script framework and/or outline(s); Treatments; Scripts; On-screen and/or support copy
- Meet with internal and client teams to review treatments screenplays and ideas
- Work with producers and directors to edit and adjust review materials scripts as needed after client feedback.
- Work with core film/video team to support the creation of the shot list and production materials for production.
- A strong command of the English language.
- The ability to write a compelling story for linear media.
- Established film/video writing skills
- Versatile writing style that can encompass a wide variety of topics
- Proven experience working with a variety of documentary topics, including those using archival materials, interviews, animation and/or motion design, graphics, ‘custom’ footage and 3D models.
- Keen listening and observational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Sick and Personal Holiday, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical & Dental Plan, Summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join the G&A team and we have the core values to prove it — Excellence, Impact, Integrity & Balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success!
We will synthesize the digital and physical worlds in innovative ways like no one else.
We integrate our diverse capabilities in order to deliver unrivaled experiences.
OUR VALUES & WAYS OF WORKING @ the Jr/Mid/Sr Level:
We are committed to creating our best work:
- Build working relationships with team members and cross-functional colleagues to come up with your best work
- Seek different perspectives, inputs and feedback when working through hurdles
- Get out there and see what’s new in the world of design; request a conference or team field trip for inspiration
We create a culture of curiosity and learning:
- Be passionately curious; show eagerness to learn
- Challenge assumptions and suggest different approaches
- Stay current in our area of expertise; G&A. and our industry
- Applaud others for their accomplishments
- Share helpful information and best practices with team members
Always be proactive:
- Do not over-commit yourself; speak up
- Utilize resources (i.e. people, templates, workshop request, supplies) to meet your goals and needs
- Be detail oriented in all that you do (spell check!) to put your best foot forward
We are true ambassadors:
- Follow G&A on social media (“like” our photos; make suggestions for improvements)
- Give marketing something cool to post about your or your work contributions
- Be credible and always put your best foot forward
We are locally and globally conscious:
- Say no to plastic and use less paper around the office
- Bring a new perspective to our clients—think sustainability where it counts
Inclusion brings us together:
- Take ownership of how your work supports the shared objectives of the team
- Understand the work of your team and how it contributes to the project/team priorities
- Look for opportunities to help your neighbor when in need: printing, guidance, support, get out and go for a walk or take a lunch break together to break up the monotony
Trust and respect is a must:
- Be intentional, and respectful in all conversations
- Listen with an open-mind to different viewpoints
- Be responsive, on time, and on task for your team; work together and be honest with each other when challenges arise
We have open lines of communication:
- Stay up-to-date on company news (e.g. newsletter, Instagram – follow GandA)
- Ensure that manager and team members are kept informed of progress or hurdles – they can help!
- Listen and ask questions to gather information and understand other viewpoints
- Explore new ways to be more efficient
Adaptability is key:
- Always think beyond the problem and toward the solution
- Be flexible and responsive to changes in priorities
- Embrace new ways of doing things
Work-Life blend for success:
- Take time to unwind
- Take lunch
- Participate in a wellness activity or challenge
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to [email protected]