Seeking a 3D Savvy Senior Exhibit Designer
Gallagher & Associates Asia is seeking a highly motivated Exhibit Designer with plenty of design studio experience under their belt, working on exhibitions and/or other spatial design mediums with a can-do attitude.
We seek an exceptional talent that is eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, theme-based attractions and interiors, zoos, art shows and other exhibit installations throughout Asia.
The Senior Exhibit Designer will work closely with the Design Director to design, coordinate and integrate exhibits, graphics and media concepts into the overall physical needs of the space. In addition, the Senior Exhibit Designer will play a key role in developing effectively the storyline and interpretative goals of the project.
- Develop designs, including interactive experiences, 3-D exhibit elements, interiors, artifact displays, and, from the conceptual stage through final drawings
- Develop drawing packages, including construction drawings
- Maintain workflow in accordance with the project schedule, with a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Manage and delegate tasks to junior designers, and guide the design process to achieve project goals
- Work in a team environment including sub-contractors, and client contacts
- Develop and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches and computer renderings
- Travel to meetings and site visits as required by projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Exhibit Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design with a minimum of 5 years of experience in exhibit design or related field
- Strong technical drawing skills (AutoCAD) • 3-D modeling/rendering skills (Sketch-up/ 3ds Max)
- High level of fluency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), MS Office or Keynote
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, and CDs. (CA experience is a plus)
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of exhibit design
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and illustrative)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Fluency (spoken/written) in Chinese or Arabic is a major plus.
Please send resume and portfolio to [email protected]
Candidates without portfolios will not be considered