The Design Director will work closely with the team to design, coordinate and integrate content, exhibits, graphics and media concepts into the overall physical needs of the space. As one of the Design Directors of the Exhibit Design team, you will be a key project leader, helping teams to deliver projects from concept to completion. Projects will include experience design for cultural institutions, museums, and corporate clients across the physical and digital landscapes. You will also plan and direct the activities of the exhibit team to maintain the company’s standards of creative excellence, timeliness and profitability while helping clients define and achieve their goals. You will report to the Creative Director.
Location: AsiaAll Open Roles
- Create a culture of ambition and creative courage. You will work with your CD to create an environment where designers and clients find the courage to do ground breaking work.
- Lead projects from concept to completion. You will be a hands-on leader who motivates teams to create cutting-edge work across the physical and digital realms.
- You will collaborate with project managers to ensure projects meet project objectives, budget, and schedule. You will lead the preparation of design documentation and specifications for client review and approval prior to release to fabricators, printers, software developers, etc.
- Be a trusted partner to your clients. You will be a key point of contact for senior clients. You will partner with project managers to earn client trust and practice strong client management.
- Model effective communication and presentation. You will make client presentations that win business and sell ideas. You will coach your teams to find their own persuasive presentation styles and empower them to be world-class communicators of creative ideas.
- Coach and mentor a team of mid-level reports. You will model modern best-practices people management to make sure your reports are on track with their goals, career development, and professional growth.
- Create a culture of ownership and autonomy. You will manage by developing high functioning autonomous teams that you can trust. You will set goals and allow your teams the space to achieve them. You will be a compassionate leader to your teams and coach them to be the same to one another.
- Create a culture of respect and candor. You will model and promote best practices for reviewing creative work and providing feedback.
- Create demand for top talent. You will collaborate with your CD to attract, recruit, and retain top talent.
- Model G&A’s values. You will be an ambassador for G&A’s values both in and outside the company.
- B.A in Exhibition Design / Interior Design with a minimum of 7 years of experience in exhibit design or related field
- Proven experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, construction documentation and fabrication/installation process
- Good knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of exhibit design
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and illustrative)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Ability to put together complete design packages and presentations in a fast-paced
- High level of fluency with AutoCad, Sketchup or 3D Max and ideally with Adobe CS Suite