Senior UX Designer
Lead the delivery of compelling UX Design on projects
- Lead end-to-end UX design on projects and connect it to the broader project strategy and vision.
- Find new and creative ways to give the end-user a compelling experience.
- Propose innovative ideas for our clients based on cutting edge technology.
- Design for a variety of interactive experiences including screen-based onsite experiences, gesture and voice based experiences, interactive sculptural installations, AR/VR, web and mobile app design.
- Use the best tools to prototype at different stages of the creative process.
Practice Human-Centered design approach
- Brainstorm and design concepts for interactive and immersive experiences, create visitor journey maps and service design elements, create user flows and schematic designs.
- Plan, lead and facilitate user research and testing to inform the design process.
Collaborate with an interdisciplinary design studio
- Act as a bridge between different disciplines, fostering effective communication and knowledge sharing among team members to create cohesive and innovative experiences.
- Participate in cross-functional design sessions, providing valuable insights and collaborating on design solutions that integrate multiple disciplines.
- Work with content designers to ensure that the user experience effectively communicates key messages and aligns with the overall voice and tone.
- Collaborate with exhibit designers to align on flow, materiality, constraints and opportunities.
- Collaborate with creative technologists to understand technical constraints and possibilities, finding feasible yet innovative solutions that balance user needs and development capabilities.
- Collaborate with visual designers to ensure consistency and visual coherence across various touchpoints.
- Collaborate with film directors and motion designers to integrate motion graphics and animations into the experiences.
Collaborate on efforts to evolve UX vision and outputs
- Help to build a strong team.
- Contribute and help achieve our UX team goals.
- Mentor UX interns.
Model G&A’s values. You will be an ambassador for G&A’s values both in and outside the company.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in UX Design.
- A strong portfolio with practical and strategic solutions.
- Strong conceptual thinking, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and interaction design.
- Experience with research and testing, and the ability to translate findings into actionable design recommendations.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar software.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design – sensitivity to typography, color, and composition
- Working knowledge of front-end coding practices.
- Ability to think technically and creatively while collaborating with a wide range of creative partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present design concepts and ideas to interdisciplinary team members, stakeholders, and clients.
- Experience designing for physical spaces is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability to navigate ambiguity and adjust design approaches based on project requirements and feedback.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks and projects within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, Unlimited Sick, Personal Holiday, Volunteer Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, Medical Plan & Dental Plan, Retirement Plan, Summer Fridays, Sabbaticals and more…